This sauce is great with pulled pork, ribs, or grilled chicken. I love a smoky sauce so I added just a dash of liquid smoke to enhance the flavor. Feel free to add some ground cayenne if you like more spice. Enjoy!
Adapted from www.sonofgrok.com.
- tomato paste - 6 ounce can
- beef stock - 1-1 1/2 cups
- garlic cloves - 5
- yellow onion - 1/2 medium
- Dijon mustard - 2 Tbsp
- apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp (I use Bragg.)
- extra virgin olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- sea salt - 1 tsp
- chili powder - 2 tsp
- ground cumin - 1 tsp
- liquid smoke - dash (I use Wright's.)
- Place onion and garlic in a food processor and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Add all ingredients except beef stock in a medium sauce pan. Stir to combine. Add beef stock until sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Warm mixture over medium heat until it reaches a slow simmer. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Store sauce in the refrigerator in an airtight container. (I store in a Mason jar and it lasts quite a while.)