This is a quick and easy salsa great for paleo tacos, vegetable dip, salad dressing, or served with spicy almond dippers. It makes enough salsa to last for several meals.
Adapted from foodnetwork.com.
- whole or diced tomatoes - 28-ounce can, drained with juices reserved (I use Muir Glen Fire Roasted.)
- red onion - 1 small, roughly chopped
- Serrano chile pepper - 1, seeded
- garlic cloves - 2
- freshly squeezed lime juice - from 2 limes
- fresh cilantro - 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- extra virgin olive oil - drizzle
- Place onion, chile, and garlic in bowl of food processor. Pulse several times until finely chopped.
- Add tomatoes and lime juice and pulse several times to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add reserved tomato juice, if needed, to thin the salsa. Pulse to combine.
- Transfer to serving bowl, drizzle salsa with olive oil, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit for 1 hour for flavors to combine.