Sweet potato fries are a great accompaniment to burgers, steaks, or any casual meal. I prefer mine spicy, but even the fries seasoned with just salt are delicious. I have a hard time making these crispy without burning them so keep a close eye on the fries near the end of your cooking time to make sure they don’t burn.
- sweet potatoes - 2 medium, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick matchsticks
- extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil - 1-2 Tbsp
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp, plus more to taste
- Spicy Version
- paprika - 1 tsp
- chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- ground coriander - 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 450º F.
- If using coconut oil, melt the oil in a large, rimmed baking sheet. Carefully remove hot pan from oven and toss sweet potatoes with oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- For spicy fries, combine optional spices and sprinkle over fries. Toss to coat.
- Bake until cooked through and crispy on the ends, about 30-40 minutes.
- Add additional salt, if desired.