Cucumbers are, unfortunately, one of those vegetables that often ends up rotting in my refrigerator. It’s not that I don’t like them–I actually think they are very refreshing. I think it’s because I can’t cook them so they always taste the same. My issue, not yours! Here’s one of my favorite ways to dress up cucumbers. The apple cider vinegar adds just the right touch and the tomatoes are a great contrast. Enjoy!
- cucumber - 1 1/2 pounds (2 medium), sliced thin on a mandoline or food processor
- red onion - 1/4 medium, sliced thin on a mandoline or food processor
- avocado - 1 just ripe, peeled and diced
- cherry tomatoes - 1/4 cup, halved
- apple cider vinegar - 1/2 cup
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Combine all ingredients but tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Top with tomatoes.