This is a great recipe I adapted from the Make it Paleo cookbook. The combination of seasonings is smokey and spicy–but not too spicy. If you don’t have chicken thighs, you can use another part of the bird, just adjust your cook time accordingly. I prefer using thighs since they stay nice and juicy. This meal is very quick to put together and, once it’s in the oven, you can work on your side dish. I served our chicken with Brussel Sprouts with Hazelnut Brown Butter. Yum!
Adapted from Make It Paleo, Bill Staley and Hayley Mason.
- bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs - 8
- smoked paprika - 3 tsp
- garlic powder - 3 tsp
- ground cumin - 3 tsp
- ground cayenne pepper - 3/4 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Rise chicken thighs and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large resealable bag.
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, cumin, cayenne, and oil in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over chicken, seal bag, and toss until chicken is well coated.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan or a cooling rack set in a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is crispy and chicken is cooked through.