I’ve been craving a wedge salad lately. You know the one: a big wedge of iceberg lettuce smothered in blue cheese dressing. Well, I decided to make it paleo by swapping out the blue cheese dressing with an avocado ranch. The bacon adds a nice finishing touch. This salad is great with any protein—steak, chicken, fish. You will have leftover dressing to enjoy throughout the week. It is versatile enough for a veggie dip or to put on top of a burger.
- iceberg lettuce - 1 head, cored and quartered
- cooked nitrate-free bacon - 4-8 slices, chopped
- avocado - 1/2, peeled and pitted (1/2 cup)
- paleo mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- unsweetened full-fat coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- fresh dill - 2-3 Tbsp
- garlic cloves - 1-2
- apple cider vinegar - 2 tsp
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- Place dill and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add mayonnaise, coconut milk, avocado, and vinegar. Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pulse again to combine.
- To serve, place one wedge on each salad plate. Ladle a generous amount of dressing over the top. Sprinkle with bacon.