I had lunch with my friend Lindsey today and as we were chatting food, she shared one of her favorite salad recipes with me. I was happy to be able to make it right away with ingredients I had already prepped–bonus! Beets are in season and I am always looking for ways to integrate them into our meals. This salad is easy and delicious! It was even easier for me tonight because Alex made it while I got the rest of our dinner ready. Look at that presentation—nice!
This recipe uses paleo mayonnaise.
- salad greens - 5 large handfuls
- beets - 3 medium, sliced thin
- red onion - 1/2 medium, sliced thin, rings separated
- walnuts - 1/2 cup, roughly chopped
- cooked nitrate-free bacon - 4 slices, chopped
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- good quality balsamic vinegar - 1/4 cup
- paleo mayonnaise - 2 heaping Tbsp
- Layer ingredients, beets through bacon, in a large salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine vinegar and mayonnaise in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Drizzle salad with dressing. Toss just prior to serving.