Here’s a quick and easy summer meal that you can prepare in advance then grill it up quickly when you are ready to eat. A delicious buttery tasting magic happens with the addition of a bit of chicken stock to the marinade. Thanks to my friend Kelley for the inspiration! Scale this recipe up or down as needed. I served the shrimp with veggie kabobs. I like to skewer the protein and vegetables separately to ensure each is cooked for the proper amount of time. Enjoy!
- large wild-caught shrimp - 24, peeled and deveined
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
- chicken stock - 1/4 cup
- garlic cloves - 3, minced
- lemon - 1/2, zested
- sea salt - 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Combine olive oil, chicken stock, zest, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place shrimp in a medium bowl.
- Pour marinade over shrimp. Toss to coat.
- Let shrimp marinade for one hour up to overnight.
- Remove shrimp from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Skewer shrimp on metal or wooden skewers.
NOTE: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to keep them from charring.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill shrimp, covered, for 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.