This is the cole slaw I make when I need a quick side dish or burger topping. It goes especially well with ribs or on pulled pork, turkey, or chicken. I like to make this slaw the night before I need it so that the cabbage is wilted and flavors are well integrated. The celery seeds add a nice touch, so try not to skip them. I use a mandoline to slice the cabbage. I have also used a food processor, but it got a little too finely chopped for my liking. You coud also use a sharp knife. Scale this recipe up for an easy party side dish or in half for burger topping. Enjoy!
This recipe uses paleo mayonnaise.
- paleo mayonnaise - 1/3 cup
- apple cider vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- celery seed - 1 tsp
- sea salt - to taste
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- cabbage, red or green - 1/2 large head or 6 cups, thinly sliced
- Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, and celery seeds in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage; toss gently to coat.
- Cover bowl and chill until ready to use.
NOTE: Slaw can be made up to a day in advance.