This recipe was inspired by a question from Leslie at CrossFit Carbon. It looked and sounded so good and easy to prepare, I had to come up with my own version to share. So here it is. I will definitely be making this one again. If you don’t like spice, don’t let the jalapeno scare you off. It adds a nice flavor without much heat. I actually left the seeds in the jalapeno for more heat and it was still pretty mild. This chicken was great served with sauteed cauliflower and chard.
Adapted from skinnytaste.com.
- bone-in, skinless chicken thighs - 8
- coconut aminos - 1/3 cup
- apple cider vinegar - 1/3 cup
- garlic - 1 small head, cloves peeled and smashed
- black peppercorns - 6, ground
- bay leaves - 4
- jalapeno pepper - 1, chopped
- Combine aminos, vinegar, garlic, jalapeno, and pepper in a dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken and marinade for one hour to overnight (ideal).
- Place chicken with marinade in a crock pot and place bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until cooked through.
- Carefully pour pan juices into a small sauce pan. Reduce over medium heat for about 15 minutes. (Use this time to make your side dish.)
- Discard bay leaves and serve with sauteed cauliflower and chard or your favorite veggie side.