For some meals, like chili and tacos, adding a little sour cream on top really serves to cut the heat and round out the flavor profile. And it’s definitely an integral part of the whole potato skin experience. I think this recipe is a perfect non-dairy substitute, plus it takes only minutes to make with ingredients on hand in any well-stocked paleo kitchen. Enjoy!
- paleo mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- unsweetened full-fat coconut milk - 1/2 cup
- apple cider vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- garlic cloves - 2, finely minced
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer to thicken.
- Use as you would traditional sour cream.