I was never a big user of traditional Worcestershire sauce, but once in a while, a recipe really needs the flavor it offers. Take a look at the bottles though. Even Annie’s Organic sauce contains a variety of sugars and thickeners. No thank you. I was so pleased to come across a recipe that, with just a little tweak, met all of my paleo requirements. I’ve made it several times. It takes about 5 minutes to put together and makes enough for a couple of recipes. Definitely add this to your paleo condiments list!
Adapted from paleodietlifestyle.com.
- raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg.) - 1/2 Cup
- water - 2 Tbsp
- coconut aminos - 2 Tbsp
- ground ginger - 1/4 tsp
- ground mustard - 1/4 tsp
- onion powder - 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon - 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper - 1/8 tsp
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat, then reduce heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container (I use a mason jar) in the refrigerator.