(After I posted the photo for these on Facebook, it got so much interest, I decided to post the recipe now instead of waiting until I had this week’s meal plan ready. You’ll be seeing this again soon, but until then, enjoy!)
I just can’t get these out of my head. They are SO good. I made them as a side dish with grilled chicken and I honestly think I could eat them every day…but that probably wouldn’t be so good for me. You know the old saying, “Too much of a good thing…”
Anyhow, these ARE a good thing. A REALLY good thing. Super easy to make and delicious. Enjoy them as a side dish or an appetizer. I even made them for breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut yams lengthwise into roughly the same size wedges. I ended up with 8 wedges per yam. If you have a larger yam, you can make more wedges.
- Use kitchen shears or a sharp knife to cut bacon in half lengthwise. I find that a thinner cut of bacon works best.
- Wrap each wedge with a bacon slice.
- Lay slices in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then use tongs to flip the wedges, and continue baking for an additional 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.