This is one of the very first recipes I posted—Week 2! I’m enjoying going back through the recipes and updating them. It’s amazing what you learn after cooking paleo for two years. I am so much more confident in the kitchen and able to adapt recipes to my own tastes without being afraid of messing something up. So here it is again: A simple marinade recipe that packs a nice punch. The lime and orange give this steak a nice tangy edge.
- grassfed flank steak - 1-2 pounds
- orange - 1, juiced
- limes - 2, juiced
- fresh garlic - 4 cloves, crushed
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- good quality balsamic vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- fresh ginger root - about 1 inch, grated (1 Tbsp)
- Combine juice of orange and limes in a small bowl.
- Add crushed garlic and grated ginger to marinade.
- Whisk in brown mustard and vinegar.
- Place flank steak in a resealable bag, add marinade, and shake to coat the steak. Refrigerate for 30 - 60 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove steak from marinade.
- Grill flank steak for 6 - 7 minutes per side, turning once.
- Serve thinly sliced with your favorite side. Goes great with cauliflower mash or kale with coconut milk and bacon.
Adapted from www.primal-plate.com.